Monday, December 27, 2010

Official pardon for workers with six-month visa ban in UAE from January 1st 2011

Workers will be issued new work permits from January even if they have not served the full six-month ban, Acting Director-General at the Ministry
Expatriate workers who have received a six-month ban on leaving their jobs recently will be able to obtain new work permits from January 1, if they have completed two years with their former employers, a senior official from the Ministry of Labour said.
Humaid Bin Deemas, Acting Director-General at the Ministry, said these workers will be issued new work permits from January even if they have not served the full six-month ban.
“Following the implementation of the new rules by the Ministry of Labour, expatriate workers who have completed two years with their employers can change jobs without serving the ban,” Bin Deemas told Sharjah Radio.

He said sponsors cannot force employees to continue to work for them if the workers do not wish to do so. “If workers have quit before the completion of two years then they will not be issued labour cards until the two-year period is over,” Bin Deemas said.
The official said if a worker, who has cancelled his residence visa, returns to the UAE on a visit visa, he will not get a work permit before the expiry of the two-year period.
Bin Deemas said the relationship between a sponsor and a worker will end with the expiry of the labour card, which is limited to two years. “Skilled and unskilled workers who end their contracts legally will get a labour permit,” he said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day!

I am currently serving my 6-month ban since I resigned from my job on September 2010 and not completed 3 years, I had only served my previous employer 1 yr and 10 months. Now, my question is that if I will have a new employer at this time, can they apply a new working visa for me given the above situation and if not can they still pay the ban lifting charges for me to be able to get a new working visa?

Any comment and assistance is very much appreciated.

tony kunjumon said...

I have three year labour visa and i am already finish one year and two mounths.My visa is possiable to cancelling and joining to another company?

Anonymous said...

i have a 2yrs of contract my company is terminating me under redundency i have completed 9 months & im unable to find a free zone job or a job less than 5k how can i join a new company any solution i dont to be unemploy & serve six months Ban

Anonymous said...

I have already finished my one (1)year contract with a Korean Co.in Abu Dhabi. Am holding a residence visa which my sponsor cancelled when i left Abu Dhabi.My question is em i under the 6-month employment ban, before i could go back to Abu Dhabi. Because another Korean Co.has sent request for me to report thru our local agency for possible new employment.I do appreciate your guidance on this matter. Thank you