Monday, December 12, 2011

Immigration Ban in UAE

With the exception of UAE nationals, all other residents require permission from the UAE government to live in  UAE.All non-Emirati require work permits to be employed in Dubai and UAE. They may be subjected to a work visa or entry visa. Ban depending on who they are and what they had been doing when in Dubai or UAE. An immigration ban means you cannot enter the UAE, whether as a visitor or for residency. Other bans can arise if you have been convicted of a criminal offence while in the UAE. Common offences that many expats get into trouble with are bad debts, bounced checks, drinking and driving, drunk in public, inappropriate relationships. Of course, more severe offences such as theft, violence, rape, murder etc will also result in an immigration ban but not so many expats indulge in these activities, and those that do are not usually so surprised to receive a ban.

An immigration ban can also arise if you have broken the rules related to immigration for example entering the country illegally, working without a work permit, absconding (leaving your job without informing your sponsor / employer), overstaying (this last one is not so likely to be a problem, just expensive when you get your overstaying fine).
Criminal offences usually result in a permanent ban and this is monitored via eye-scanning equipment at airports, so losing your passport and getting a new one won't get you back in to the country.

5 comments:

Liincy said...

I was staying in sharjah on my husband’s visa till june 2009.I came to india for vacation and didn’t go back and my visa expired on dec 2010.my husband cheated his sponser he eloped from UAE and came india,now his passport is with his sponser,we don’t know how he reached here and i came to know he cheated many banks and he is a wanted person in UAE.Also he cheated me and i divorse him and some cases are there in family court also.Still his visa is in my passport and didn’t cancel manually but it is already expired.when i enquired many people they said only my EX husband can cancel my visa.he will never do that bcos he is wanted person in UAE ,so please help me to cancel my visa,he is banned to enter all gcc countries,is that ban is applicable to me?I want to come dubai and also saudhi for doing hajj and umras.So please help me and suggest me the rules and regulations as early as possible

Anonymous said...

i was working at sharjah in 2002 .i came vacation on 2004.while vacation, i met an accident and i cannot re-enter within 6 months.company sent me termination letter.now i can re-enter dubai to an other company ? my old passport is renewed .my old visa is cancelled automatically?

Anonymous said...

sir..i see ur coments in website...befor i have visa house driver in alain(UAE) then my arbab make tameem on my visa i was already in UAE...i dont know his make tameem but whn i come airport for come my country so whn check imaigration counter my pasport so he say me u have tameem on ur visa then i live 13 days in lockup....then he do my visa cancel nd take just my eyes print nd deport me on my country(PAK) ,,,,now already finish 6 month nd i want come back on visit visa in UAE....so plz tell my can i go or not .....coz in UAE i dont have my any person plz my email id starlovely86@hotmail.com nd my cell num 00923009795205 Faheem u send me just 1 text so i ll call u.....thx alot for reply plzzzz

Musa said...

Salam all

According to UAE law which offences puts life time ban on expats?

Which bans can be removed and how?

Is there any UAE official's contacts such as Email or Help desk for such queries?

Is there any on line web or source to find out by our selves about visa eligibility status?

Is there any paid lawyers or lawyer firms who can help on such cases?

We need help

thank you

plz reply or Email me at himusa@gmail.com

Rajeev said...

I am working in a private company under limited contract. I renewed the contract on march 2010 to 2013. want to change my current job. i want to know whether any ban will be there? and ay remedies available to avoid ban Please reply.