Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Private sector workers sacked during their probation period must leave the UAE

Private sector workers sacked during their probation period must leave the UAE after obtaining their dues from the employer as they are not exempt from the one-year job ban under the new law, according to the ministry of labour.

The ministry outlines this rule during its open-day meeting held every week to consider complaints from workers or their employers in line with new work laws introduced early this year to regulate the controversial ban period.

During the meeting on Monday, an expatriate female public relations employee and several other workers from the same company complained that they have just been sacked a few months after they were appointed and asked the ministry to allow them to shift to another firm and exempt them from the one-year ban.

“The ministry made clear that in case the probation period of those workers is six months and their services have been terminated during that period, then they must get their dues and leave the UAE,” Alittihad newspaper said.

“But if the probation period is set at three months in their job contract, this means they have completed their probation and they will be allowed to move to another company without having a ban since the employer violated the job contract.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my employment visa 3 months ago as cashier in cafeteria in Ajman, now they are closing the cafeteria. Can i switch my job without the ban imposing and get a new visa from my new employer?
Please guide me in this regards.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Please contact Ajman labor department and get clarification.

Anonymous said...

I am working in sharjah, my visa is been process. now in probation, have a good offer from another company. I have a bachlor degree in IT. Will i get any kind of band, of my visa can be processed smoothly. If there are any if and buts, please explain that too.
thanks.

Anonymous said...

You will attract labor ban

Anonymous said...

Hi, I worked in a company for 3 months and now due to medical reason i resigned the job. I think they will ask me for the visa charges which is 5000 dirhams. I dont have that amount. What will they do if i dont give them the money? Please help.