Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Previously barred categories of expatriates now allowed sponsoring families in UAE

In a major move 57 categories of expatriate workers who had previously been barred in UAE from sponsoring their children and family members can now do so by depositing Dh5,000 per person, a senior Ministry of Interior official has said. Major General Nasser Al Awadi Al Menhali, Assistant Undersecretary for Naturalisation, Residency and Ports Affairs at the Ministry of Interior, Monday that 57 categories of workers previously barred from sponsoring family members' residence visas would now be able to do so.

"Previously, some professions such as drivers, bakers, tailors and cooks were not allowed to sponsor their family members, regardless of how much money they earned. Now we have solved their issues by allowing them to sponsor their families if they pay the required deposit," Major General Al Menhali said. He said the decision applied mostly to low-skilled and semi-skilled workers.

The affected categories include welders, blacksmiths, goldsmiths, plumbers, mechanics, laundry workers, car washers, grocers, sales people, butchers and construction workers.

In January 2009 About 57 categories of expatriates will be restricted from sponsoring their families even if they earn the minimum required salary. The following categories are included:

* Cooks (Arabic cuisine cook, continental cuisine cook, falafel maker, sweets maker, pastry maker, assistant cook)

* Certain skilled categories like welder, blacksmith, goldsmith, plumber, tile worker, painter (automobile painter), engine worker, assistant mechanic

* Laundry worker, car washer, grave digger, grocer, salesman, waiters, office boys, butcher

* Makeup man, hairdresser, barber, tailor, decoration jobs

* Drivers (pickup driver and private drivers)

* Trainers like falcon trainer and private tutor.

* Guards

* Laborer (construction workers)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give me an information if an unmarried woman could sponsor her daughter. Her daughter's name was followed by her father. Could she apply for either Visit or Residence Visa for her?

apartments for rent in dubai said...

Thanks for the information you have posted. I must say it's an admirable service you are providing. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

ive already complain a company for cheating me regarding my visa....my mission visa was finished but before it was finish i approach this company but they ignore me i reported it already to police so that i can get my passport so that i can exit but also they dont give it to me then i compain this com also to labor 5 to 6 hearings they did not attend after then ultimate hearing the pro came in labor he aggree to return some omy money the passport ant some of the documents i need to go back to my country of origin i bought already a ticket but they refused to give my needed documents and money which the labor tell them....please help me what will i do now........i really want a lawyer to sue this kind of company i have all the necesary evidence including receipt of money and received of my passposrt which i think not proper to keep ones passport for a long period of time...i can sue this kind of company....thanks for our great people here in Dubai for giving me an advice and help...i am so helpless now...please help and guide me...anyone there i will wait for any post entitle for me thanks God Bless

Anonymous said...

i am a labour of alain distribution company and my salary is 3380aed per month and i have a accomondation from company so can i get my family visa?

Anonymous said...

i am a labour of alain distribution company and my salary is 3380aed per month and i have a accomondation from company so can i get my family visa?

Anonymous said...

if your labour contract mentioning the salary and your acomadation then you will get visa for your family

Anonymous said...

my salary is 3000+1000 allowance and my profession is SALES am I able bring my wife and child and I have Sharjah visa some peoples told that Sharjah is inoperative with this new rule please help

smalviya said...

my salary is 3000+1000 allowance and my profession is SALES am I able bring my wife and child and I have Dubai visa...

smalviya said...

my salary is 3000+1000 allowance and my profession is SALES am I able bring my wife and child and I have dubai visa