Thursday, April 1, 2010

Transfer sponsorship without NOC

A reader in Dubai asks: I have been working in a company for two years; currently, I am not stable with the company, as my salary is often delayed. My question here is; I would like to know the requirements to transfer sponsorship without the need to get a letter from my sponsor as per the labour law.

The Ministry of Labour allows the worker to transfer sponsorship to a new sponsor without the need to get a no objection certificate (NOC) from the existing sponsor according to the following cases: The worker’s salary has been delayed for two months or more. In the event of arbitrary dismissal, provided a judgment passed by the competent court confirms such an arbitrary dismissal.
Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.