Sunday, November 23, 2008

Residency Visas - 3 years

Note that you cannot open a bank account, register a car, get a telephone connected, and so on until you have a residency visa or permit.
Usually residents will be sponsored by their employer (or an employed member of their family). The sponsor will normally make the visa arrangements and explain to you what documents you need. For those employed from overseas, the employer is responsible for all costs associated with obtaining your work permit (or labour card) and residency visa.
  • If you are sponsoring family members, cost is 300 dhs for each visa, valid for 3 years but it expires if the person is out of the UAE for a period more than 6 months.
  • It is possible to sponsor parents but a special request needs to be made. If successful, a deposit of 5,000 dhs (refundable) for each parent is required, visa validity is one year (renewable) and cost is 100 dhs per year.