Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to avoid Labour Ban In Dubai

I am working for a private sector company in Dubai, but I wish to join another company. What do I have to do? If I leave my present company they will ban me so I cannot come back immediately. So kindly advise me on how to break the ban.

I would like to say that if the questioner resigns from their current company then he will be subject to either a six-month ban in case of an ordinary cancellation which does not include any violation of the labour law, or a one-year ban if he has breached his labour contract.

Therefore, I advise the questioner to seek an amicable agreement with his employer in order to be granted a no-objection certificate (NOC) to transfer his visa. His employer might accept this if the employee, for instance, compensates him for all expenses incurred in issuing his visa and other expenses.

UAE Ministry launch E-channels for Visa

The Ministry of the Interior on Tuesday launched "E-channels", a new system of smart services that let nationals and res...