Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to avoid Labour Ban In Dubai

I am working for a private sector company in Dubai, but I wish to join another company. What do I have to do? If I leave my present company they will ban me so I cannot come back immediately. So kindly advise me on how to break the ban.

I would like to say that if the questioner resigns from their current company then he will be subject to either a six-month ban in case of an ordinary cancellation which does not include any violation of the labour law, or a one-year ban if he has breached his labour contract.

Therefore, I advise the questioner to seek an amicable agreement with his employer in order to be granted a no-objection certificate (NOC) to transfer his visa. His employer might accept this if the employee, for instance, compensates him for all expenses incurred in issuing his visa and other expenses.