Thursday, April 1, 2010

Transfer sponsorship without NOC

A reader in Dubai asks: I have been working in a company for two years; currently, I am not stable with the company, as my salary is often delayed. My question here is; I would like to know the requirements to transfer sponsorship without the need to get a letter from my sponsor as per the labour law.

The Ministry of Labour allows the worker to transfer sponsorship to a new sponsor without the need to get a no objection certificate (NOC) from the existing sponsor according to the following cases: The worker’s salary has been delayed for two months or more. In the event of arbitrary dismissal, provided a judgment passed by the competent court confirms such an arbitrary dismissal.
Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am currently working with a company that is using the NOC rule as a benefit to them, so not giving me a pay rise or promotion as I am due, kowing that they can refuse to give me a NOC to move to a company where I could earn double the cash. Is there any rule is place to protect the employee against this. I am doing the same job as many other people in my office yet earning half the money?? It is wrong and unfair for this company to halt a natural progression in my career.

Anonymous said...

I resigned with one month notice period, and my notice was completed, but company want some more months time to release. what should I do to get release from the comapany

Anonymous said...

I am now currently working in a semi government company for 7 months and got a new job in a semi government company also. Is my current company can lift a ban for me?

Rakcauae said...

I think in case an employee wishes to change jobs, transfer of sponsorship must be arranged based on a no-objection certificate granted by the sponsoring company. So NOC is must be that if we join big companies.