Monday, February 8, 2010

Visa cannot be cancelled when the person is not in the country


A reader from Dubai asks: The company that I work for sent me abroad on business for five months and I will be returning to Dubai in two weeks, but I received a call two days ago saying the Labour Department wants to check my passport. I’m afraid they’ve cancelled my visa and no one at the company is answering the phone. Can they cancel the visa or make any problems for me while I’m away?
I would like to clarify to the questioner that the company may not take any action against the questioner or cancel his visa while he is abroad, especially if the questioner has a letter from the company to the effect that he is working outside the country. Therefore, once the questioner returns to the country he shall contact the company to inquire about such matters or to go to the Ministry of Labour if he finds that matters are going against his interest.
Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.

4 comments:

holiday in dubai said...

hi,

Thanks for sharing with us your information is very much helpful for me, but i like to ask you some thing that this condition is follow in any country OR only in dubai.

Thanks
ohanna web

Anonymous said...

As per Dubai visa rules

Anonymous said...

Iam working in Dubai and I have sponsred my family. Now our company transfering my visa to Abudhabi where we have our sister company. I have attended the medical test also in Abudhabi.Now my question is, is it mandatory to transfer my family visa to Abudhabi? They already have valid visa of Dubai. Please reply

Katherine2031 said...

Blog was amazing and worth a while.
UK visa application